ACLU / Torture FOIA (released by the FBI in December of 2004)
- The New York Times, 21 December, 2004.
- Hersh, Seymour (2004) Chain of Command: The Road from 911 to Abu Ghraib. New York, Harper-Collins, pp. 6-7.
- Guantánamo and Beyond. May 2005.
- Guantánamo: Lives torn apart – The impact of indefinite detention on detainees and their families. 6 February 2006.
- Human rights ignored in the "war on terror", 29 September 2006
- The Tipton Report
- “Report on Torture and Cruel, Inhuman, and Degrading Treatment of Prisoners at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba”
Department of Defense
- Reprocessed Combatant Status Review Tribunal (CSRT) and Administrative Review Board (ARB), March 3, 2006
- Investigation into FBI Allegations of Detainee Abuse at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Detention Facility (The Schmidt-Furlow Report)
- Review of Department of Defense Detention Operations and Detainee Interrogation Techniques. (The Church Report) May 25, 2004
- Assessment of Detainee Medical Operations for OEF, GTMO, and OIF, Office of the Army Surgeon General
Physicians for Human Rights
Seton Hall Public Law
- Mark Denbeaux and Joshua Denbeaux (2006) Report of Guantánamo detainees: A profile of 517 detainees through analysis of Department of Defense data. Seton Hall Public Law Research Paper No. 46.