Statement of Saifullah Paracha, May 16, 2007
Statement of Saifullah Paracha
26th June 2007
Saifullah A. Paracha deposes and says:
1. I am confined most of the times in a cell measuring approximately 9x7 feet in Camp 5, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The adverse effect of this on my health is making worse because of my old age, serious ailments of life threatening like cardiac, diabetic, blood pressure and prostrate enlargement.
2. On April 20, 2007 at approximately 22:00 hours, I had a chest pain and breathing difficulties for almost 12 hours. I immediately reported to the medical staff, but they did not know what to do. It was extremely uncomfortable to sit, walk or lying on the bed.
3. On May 02, 2007, camp physician examined me and [in] his presence ECG was taken, doctor disclosed to me that ECG is not normal and he was very concern also advise me that in the future if I have chest pain/breathing difficulties ask camp medical staff to report me even at 3:00 a.m.
4. On May 03, 2007 while I was with two interrogators at around 15:00 [h]our all of a sudden I felt difficulties of breathing, Greg and Phil interrogators were panic and asked duty guard to call medical staff for the emergency but duty guards showed least concern about my condition. Interrogators were surprised and they advised me they have reported to higher authority about security guards in a meeting on May 10, 2007.
5. On May 15, 2007 at about 19:30 hours, I felt chest pain, at about 20:00 I was taken to the Camp 5 medical room for ECG and at about 22:00 senior physician examined me and serious concern about my heart and lung and nitroglycerine sub-lingual tablet was given in order to open my blood vessels and if [sic] comforted me. I declare that foregoing statement is true and correct.
Executed on May 16, 2007.
[signed] Saifullah A. Paracha